The information we need to get started on your Qualified Domestic Relations Order (or other order to divide a retirement plan) is:
A. Documents (you can upload documents here):
- A copy of an account statement of the retirement plan, so that we can see the exact name of the plan, the account number (if any), the Plan Fiduciary or Plan Administrator, and in the case of defined contribution plans, the balances.
- A copy of your separation agreement or other court order specifying how the retirement plan will be divided.
- If your name as been changed, we will need a copy of your decree of dissolution.
B. Additional Information (which ideally should be provided on our QDRO Information Form):
- Both of your names, addresses, email addresses, Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth.
- The Name of the Court where your petition is filed, and your case number.
- Your date of marriage and date of divorce (or expected date of divorce).
- If your attorneys are still representing you, we will need their contact information, including addresses and email addresses
- For pension plans, we will also need when you started contributing to the pension (usually the date when you started working with the employer) and the date you left employment there.
C. Fee Agreement. Please sign and return our Fee Agreement.
D. Payment of your Fee. (Please note that we do not start on your Order until payment has been received.). Once we have received the other information, we will invoice you. If you have already paid, we will send you a receipt.
If you have questions, please email or phone us.
Also see “What is the QDRO Process?”