Getting Started

For more on the QDRO process, click here.

The information we need to get started on your Qualified Domestic Relations Order (or other order to divide a retirement plan) is:

A.  Documents (please upload the documents here, or email them to me)

    1. A copy of an account statement of the retirement plan, so that we can see the exact name of the plan, the account number (if any), the Plan Fiduciary or Plan Administrator, and in the case of defined contribution plans, the balances.
    2. A copy of your separation agreement or other court order specifying how the retirement plan will be divided.
    3. If your name as been changed, we will need a copy of your decree of dissolution.

B.  Additional Information (which ideally should be provided on our secure QDRO Information Form, click here ):

    1. Both of your names, addresses, email addresses, Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth. (note:  if there is a restraining order in place, please let us know in a separate email FIRST so that we do not inadvertenly disclose contact information that is protected)
    2. The Name of the Court where your petition is filed, and your case number.
    3. Your date of marriage and date of divorce (or expected date of divorce).
    4. If your attorneys are still representing you, we will need their contact information, including addresses and email addresses
    5. For pension plans, we will also need when you started contributing to the pension (usually the date when you started working with the employer) and the date you left employment there.

C.  Fee Agreement.  Please sign and return our Fee Agreement.

D.  Payment of your Fee.   See our Payments page.  We take checks, and debit and credit cards through Venmo. (Please note that we do not start on your Order until payment has been received.). Once we have received the other information, we will invoice you.  If you have already paid, we will send you a receipt.

If you have questions, please email or phone us.